Wednesday, December 10, 2008

...cats...ARGH... !

sometimes...I hate cats...

'cause after all my efforts yesterday...
I awoke to this...



the smallest & weakest of my African violets...
[of course, it was the white one...]



pulled down from its place on a shelf...

a shelf that NO cat needs to get on...
and the snooping Gracie could have easily spied outside...
by just looking over or around it...

GRRRRRRRRRR.....



so I gathered the soil and the poor little violet...
[thankfully, she didn't pee on it...
been there...cleaned-up that...yuck !]

it had probably just happened...
and since I watered them yesterday...
the soil, being moist... was easier to gather...
and... she didn't break anything...
like she did yesterday...

though you can see the pot is cracked & chipped...
this was NOT... its' first cat destructo derby...

I cleaned up the mess after re-potting the violet...
which I think will survive...
unless there are follow-up attacks...

all the while letting Gracie...
who had fled the scene when I came into the kitchen...
"hear about my displeasure" with her depredations to my plants...
I also picked-up all the stuff strewn about the floor...



I am grateful that she didn't trash more violets...
she has laid waste to numerous violets at once, on too many occasions...
if she felt "vindictive" or just boisterous...

she is mad at me because I spent most of yesterday yelling at her...

to get off of the a] sink b] counter c] cutting board d] coffee maker...

all in turn...all met with massive attitude and complaining...

she's making herself scarce at the moment...
so my "gentle remonstrance"has had some effect...

but now...I'm nervous...

I need to go run some errands...
drop off some pants to be altered & mended...
[yes, MM... the "gang banger"jeans...& my gray cords]
go to OSH [more violas, cyclamen...
some washers for my watering hose{cat lost one for me}...
and a level to hang my art...]
then, the grocery for a few supplies...

I'm almost afraid to see Gracie's vengeance...

sigh...sometimes...

3 comments:

Miz Minka said...

Mr Greenthumb and I think you should find some way to hang the African violets so Gracie can have "her" window sill back... :)

The Calico Quilter said...

Maybe glass shelves mounted in the window to hold the violets so she can sit on the sill? That's probably all she wants. All the "stuff" in the window and on the counter means nothing to her!

catsinger said...

MM & Mr GT...
I did have the shelves built... JUST for plants... about 4 years ago when the kitchen was redone... [it is NOT just the sill...]
I don't know how I'd hang violets,[they'd really be fun toys then...] but a "fence" added to the shelf might work...of course, THEN... she probably WOULD try to sit on the plants...[I've seen her do that before, elsewhere...]
BTW...she doesn't consider it "her" window sill..it's merely a look-out point.. and she's a klutz... where's that blender alarm now that I need it ;D

Calico...this is a southern [HOT & sunny] exposure...higher glass shelves would be no safer...and the plants would get too much light...I thought about that, & rejected it when I had the wooden shelves built...I think she's moved "on"... she never stays in one place too long...anyway...I hope so...:D