Friday, December 12, 2008

...that "thing with feathers" is back



a digi macro view of my most recent bread venture...
I'm not sure how "well" it came out...
but it tastes great !
a big thanks to MM for the recipe...
and she was right [as usual...] it makes great toast...



especially with blackberry honey and heart-healthy butter spread...

YUM...

that...



and my freshly ground & brewed "Mr.Dickenson's blend"[Peets]...
in my favorite mug... perfection...

so right about now...you're probably asking...

"OK... WHO are YOU...and what have you done with Catsinger ?"

fear not... c'est moi... la chatchanteuse...
[OK... it's been 40+ years...& "spellcheck" doesn't "do" French...]

I'm in an expansive mood because the contractor just left...
& "that thing with feathers...that perches on your shoulder...
...sings without words...& never stops at all"...[E.D.]

is back... !!!

it left with the other contractor early in September...

I "gave" it to God...but as days turned to weeks...
and weeks to months... and more things began to fall apart...
I still trusted... but "hope" had left the building...

had I been brave enough or had enough faith to continue to "hope"...
this would have been an even more joyful moment...
as it happened... I am less surprised than I am relieved...
that it seems to be finally happening...

God's timing is always right...
I'm learning that... I trust that...

things that seem bad to us, that are His will for us...
are always better for us in the long run...
than the things that we think are best...

the contractor & his son are both quiet, nice people...

he looked at the bathroom...
Gracie was being Ms Hospitality...



I showed him the "punch sheet" the other contractor had drawn up...
told him what I could live without...
a built-in bench in the shower, for one thing...
[I'd rather have a movable one...]

he agreed with me that all the plaster walls...
did NOT need to be torn out unless there was a problem...
there's no electrical work at all...
the pony walls around the shower will work...
with a DOOR that swings IN...
[he agrees that sliding doors on a shower are tacky...]

he liked my tile pattern and plans...
and suggested that I should try to remove the TP holder myself...
[it's ceramic and set in the tile "mud"...& I want to keep it...]
he also thinks that the crawl space & cupboard back...
should be closed off, as do I ...

so many things I had to "plead my case" with the other subs about...
he agreed with, right off the bat... & I don't think he was just playing me...

he does all his own plumbing, and he didn't say...
but I think he does the tile work too...

so the whole time he was scoping things out...



looking at the leaky plumbing...the rocking toilet...
[which Gracie jumped on, demonstrating it's "pitch & roll"...]
the stuff growing out of the grout line...
measuring...taking notes... listening to me & what I wanted...

he would stop & scritch Gracie...talking to her...
which eventually brought in Sneaky Pie...
to get her "cut of the attention"...
[Molly was in the back yard...]

as he was leaving, he said that he'd get back to me soon...
& that he was sure that he could give me what I wanted & needed...
for quite a bit less than the other price...[$22 K]

this final message was delivered as he was petting Mackie...
who was perched on the top of his tree...
and loving every minute of it...
[Mackie usually doesn't warm to workmen...
so I consider this a VERY GOOD sign...]

the kitties always know who the good guys are...

so "that thing with feathers..."
is perched on my shoulder...
& singing away...

God is Good...ALL the time...
even when we have to wait for it...

perhaps learning to wait expectantly is what I needed to learn...

No comments: