Thursday, January 29, 2009

..."yes, Virginia...things DO happen for a reason"

the tile "gap" is now filled...
& all the excess cleaned off...
tomorrow, the trim, medicine cabinet...
and the window get painted...



the faucet was installed completely on the sink...



all the plumbing here is done...
the base and sink are secured with bolts & caulking...
the water's running, drains working...



I think it looks great...



especially from this angle...
[I love shiny things...]



on my way to get my hair cut, I stopped at OSH...
where I got this terrific Moen shower head...
it was about $10 more than what I went to get...
and I liked the look of it...



it also has 3 settings, they also had one with 8...
but who needs 8 different shower settings...?
3 will be just fine...
[besides, it's a Moen...]

when I got back home, I remarked that I wished...
that they made electrical switches, etc, in black...
since the ivory ones looked tacky next to the chrome...

Gary said that he was sure somebody made them...
so I went surfing...& in no time at all...
found these...



a "gloss black", GFIC... [$29.95]



and a double switch, gloss black... [$14.95]

granted it's expensive...but it will look, SO COOL...

then...



up went the sink shelf...
[be still, my heart...]



I love the way the beveled edge of the tempered glass...
echoes the green trim...



G continued putting up things...



the first of 2 polished nickel towel bars...
[the other goes on the back of the door...]



and the wall shelves, with it's glass shelves now inserted...

then he prepped the built-ins...



removing old contact paper, paint chips...
and patching demo gouges...



the medicine chest is also cleaned out...



ready for it's paint, to dry before final assembly...

and nearly all the boxes I've been living with for months...



have now been emptied...and tossed !

but the best news of all...

G just called to say that R2, the "good" glass guy...
just sent him a bid on my shower door...
everything we needed...just the way I wanted it...
WITH a free upgrade[they do the work]...
of the obscured glass on my lower sash window...
to the same pattern ["rain"] as the shower door & panels...

for $800.00 !!!!

the "other" glass guy submitted yet another, incomplete bid...
with the wrong size door[again, he never listens...]

for over $1300.00 !!
[he had originally been in the $800.00 range...]

GUESS WHO I'M GOING WITH ?

G called me so that if I said "go"...we could place the order...

I said, "DO IT !!!"

these orders take about a week...

the shower door/enclosure could be "in"...
by the end of next week...
and then, there's only tile/grout sealing...

and it will be, D.O.N.E.

after tomorrow, G starts another job...
and will be back for the shower door install...
the final tile/grout seal...
and the final sign off...

I am expecting to receive in the next couple of days...
chrome pyramid drawer pulls for the built-in drawers...
the replacement plastic light cover for the exhaust fan/light...
and the black GFIC & rocker switch...

G will install them when he's here for the big install...
or the sealing, depends when they get here...

since the shower door is so low...
we may be able to shift some $...
towards fixing the back door...

God is good...
and "things" really do happen...
...for a reason...

His reason...

2 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

It all looks quite lovely, Catsinger...and soooo worth waiting for...to have it done professionally! What a happy camper you will be when that shower door is installed! Keep us posted for the BIG event!

catsinger said...

...yes...I will be a happy camper...
a broke, but happy camper...
though through this all, I've been camping-out, sort of...
so when it's done, I'll be a happy [&clean] homeowner...:D