Tuesday, January 20, 2009

...finally...the light at the end of the "tile tunnel" & the "homecoming" plan is set...

it's been really quiet around here...
[all Miz SPie's antics, not withstanding...]

Charlie has missed his fireplace snugging buddies...



and delivery persons have come onto the porch, "unannounced"...
[also, no plants have been trashed in the "announcement process"...]



I was scheduled to start bringing the critters home today...
but not all the tile is secured to the walls & floor...
yet...
& there are faucet parts in open boxes, all over...

the new sink basin sits on top of the new toilet...
and stuff from the bath built-ins[drawers & cubbies]
is stacked in the office...
in prime, cat climbing territory...

I just was NOT peaceful about the "plan"...

so after a consultation with R...
things began to become clear...
they just "fell" into focus...
& all at once, I knew what to do...

I will leave the critters, one more night at chez vet...
I will move/ stack/ critter-proof the stuff in the way...
R will show up, early tomorrow, & work while I'm "driving Mz YBee"...
so he can finish ALL the remaining tilework...
AND do most of the grouting...
he'll stay here until I return from Ahnoldtown at least...

I'll be back [hopefully] before my orthopod appointment at 3:30...

if I'm done at the Dr's early...
I'll go get a couple of critters...
[probably Molly, Piglet & Fluff...]
before the vet closes at 5:30...
if not... I'll start on Thursday AM...

this way, R can get finished...
[J1 offered him extra $ if he finishes tomorrow...
so it's a "win/win" for both of us...]
I have NO problem leaving him here when I'm gone...
especially with the critters safely still at the vet's

this way, I can be home with them...
on their first day back [always a good idea...]
making up to the kitties, who will be PISSED...
and giving Molly the attention she's been missing...

I DO believe that everything happens for a reason...
I also believe in waiting on the Lord...
and I see God in these details...
even more... I feel a real sense of peace about it...

R's going to get as much as possible done today...



he already has the main shower floor down...
& he's "pleasantly surprised" at how perfectly it has fit...
with no attempt to pre-measure the shower pan on his part...
or to pre-fit the tile sheets to the floor...
[remember: these tiles are discontinued...
& I have only 1 sq ft more than we need...]

R: "I just love it when a plan comes together..."

hmmmmmmmmm.....

there are a bunch of "little cuts" on the sides...

so I said to him...

"wouldn't be cool if what you need to "cut" for the sides...
is what you need to "cut off" to fit somewhere else...?"

he agreed...

and you know...if it "happens", just that way...

it wouldn't surprise me at all...



"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not,
on your own understanding; in all your ways , acknowledge Him,
and He will direct your paths."[Proverbs 3 : 5-6]

No comments: