Thursday, January 29, 2009

...another day in bathroomland

with some apologies to Jimmy Buffet...
it's, "another day in bathroomland"...
[perhaps a Margarita would help...]

as our day begins...here are a few more details...

this is the original doorknob...



it does have a few "issues"...
it once fell off, trapping me inside...
fortunately, I had my cell with me & UnklePhil was home...
or I would have missed getting to school that day...

the original drawer knobs were the same milk glass...
just as the original knobs elsewhere in the house...
were clear glass...as are all the interior door knobs...

the clear glass is too Victorian for my taste...
I can handle the milk glass knob, as it is not "faceted"...
AND the plate is chrome...though scarred by age...

the faceted milk glass knobs were also chipped...
they were taken off when I moved in...
and redid the parts of the bathroom I could...
[there was an ugly, useless ceiling fan...]



this is the old door stop...the tip is gone & it's rusty...
I don't want to scar or crack my new tile...
so G got me this...



a really cool, invisible stop that goes on the hinge...
and it's chrome...with white plastic stops, echoing the milkglass !!



this is now as close as the knob can get, with normal pressure...

then it was on to other things...




G has closed the gap between the wall and the med.cab.




and will address the tile gaps soon...



and my chrome outlet faceplate got put up...

meanwhile, the kitties have a busy day planned...



the "after-breakfast" siesta...



Molly waited for G to get here...



and as soon as she heard his truck...
she went back to gnawing on her favorite thing...



a "cow toe"...[aka hoof part...]



I get these bags at Costco...
Molly loves all the things in them...



but the hooves [aka cow toes...] are her favorite...



as I took this picture of Mz Sneaky Pie & MJ...
I noticed that she was "distracted" by something...



I think the line here is...
"Mine...ALL MINE !!"

No comments: