Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...the continuing saga...

things are starting to be more "normal"around here...
[there was a cat food dish in Molly's nest this AM...]
and I have an appointment at 2, for the semi-annual teeth cleaning...
[it was to be next Tuesday, but they had a cancellation...]
and tomorrow, I get my hair cut at 12:30...

G is currently at the hardware store...
getting the plumbing stuff for the sink installation...
if he's not done by 1:30...he may stay will I'm gone...
same thing tomorrow...

first thing this AM, he installed the shower head arm...



the collar American Standard provided, didn't fit...

it wouldn't go over the bend in the neck...
really poor planning on someone's part...
unless you put it on before you attach it to the plumbing...
and then, it's too hard to tighten, the collar's in the way...

so he used a stock one next to the tile...

there have been several weird problems with the shower faucet set...
I won't be buying AS again, anytime soon...
on the other hand, Moen & Kohler are just as advertised...
& I'd get them again in a heartbeat...



he also filled-in between the wall/tile & the new med.cab...



as well as some demo gouges in the built-in cubbies...



then it was time to start fitting/installing the ped.sink...



G dry fit this before to set the location of the plumbing...
which ended up moving to the right...
the old sink was way off center...
this one won't be...
[at least, not discernibly, unless you really look...]...



as I said yesterday, the "tower o'cat food"...
makes for quite a good work bench...
today, it was the bowl "bench"...



with the faucet parts strewn about the floor...



G is very patient & methodical in assembly...
[he even reads instructions !]
and spent quite a while working on the faucet assembly...



then with much of the faucets installed...
it came in to sit on the pedestal...
and be centered...

now that the toilet is in[and is higher...]
I could have the sink almost right on center...
and still have room to maneuver around the commode...

the conundrum was...

do I leave enough room in front of the toilet...
for someone to pee standing up ?

or do I please my sense of aesthetics...
and center the sink under the med.cab. ?

leaving any bathroom users with a "Y" chromosome...
to stand slightly to the side...

[of course, someone who doesn't have a butt the size of R.I....
might be able to stand in front of the toilet...
no problem...
and "sitting" is a piece of cake for anyone...]

so after placing the sink in a number of positions...
remembering how the previous one being, off center...
REALLY bothered me...
and realizing that it's MY bathroom...

we moved the toilet as close as possible to the wall...
[we gained about 1/2 inch more...]
so I went with pleasing my artistic feelings
and centered it under the medicine cabinet...

knowing that every time I'm in the shower or at the sink...
I'll see the centeredness...and smile...



G just returned with the plumbing supplies for the sink...
so I'm going to go watch the install...

otherwise...



things around here are getting back to normal...

2 comments:

unklephil said...

...or users with a "Y" chromosome could stop worrying about standing room and simply avail themselves of the sink

catsinger said...

...thus solving the problem of ever being invited back again....
the bowl is round & large...
an inviting target...
pee in my beautiful sink & DIE...>:[

[leave it to a tenor...to take the lowest possible road... :o]