Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...putting your sink on a pedestal

when I left for the dentist...
G was still getting ready to connect the plumbing...

when I returned, it was connected...



the shims under it are to level it...
as well as center it...
there are bolts to hold it in place...
and this is still temporary...



as you can see, the faucets are not in for good yet...
neither is the drain stopper plunger...
G had to check for leaks [there was one...]
fix it, then reconnect the plumbing...
in extremely tight quarters...



you can see that with the shims & plumbing connected...
it's almost dead center...



when he's sure that it's level, centered & there are NO leaks...
the bottom will be caulked with the shims cut into place...
and bolted down...



this is the view from the shower...
I LOVE IT !

speaking of showers...
R, the shower glass guy #2...
dropped by after I got back...
and measured the space...

I get a good feeling about him...
he didn't change his story in mid-sentence...
and seemed to really know the "score"...
he'll get back to us with a quote...

the good news ?

what I want comes "standard"...
no $pecial order$...

he'll even give me a piece of the standard obscured glass pattern...
for my lower window...free...
using the pattern I already have...
would be $pecial order...

in the meantime...



the water line's now hooked-up to the sink...
& he'll finish the faucets tomorrow...

I'm looking for a different shower head...
one that adjusts...
the one that came with the faucets...
is NOT the one in the picture...
which was like my old one...
[adjustable...& NOT expensive...]

and the kitties have claimed the old basin box...
and new rug as the "cat bed, du jour"...



Charlie, Mattie & Mackie snoozing it up...

No comments: