Saturday, January 10, 2009

....laying about

last night... the first night in well over a week...
that I KNEW I could sleep-in the next day...

THIS....



was pretty much me....

ever since Tuesday, when I've had workmen here...
from "anytime" after 8 AM..until "sometime" after 4PM...
I've been yawning, and fighting a nap ALL day long...



as much as these guys are GREAT workmen...
several factors enter in...

I'm getting up around 7 AM...[early for me, now anyway...]

the bathroom window and front door always seem to be open...
so it's cold...and my hand hurts...

if I bundle-up too much, I get really sleepy and nod off...

if I drink too much hot coffee or tea to warm up or wake up...
then I have a different problem if the toilet's not hooked-up...
or they're "working in there"...

Mz Sneaky Pie is incarcerated in the bedroom...
when I come in, she wants to play...

so I've been yawning my way through the last 4 days...
going to bed almost as soon as I eat...
because I'm so sleepy I've been falling asleep in my chair...

so last night, I was in bed by 7 PM...

I kept waking-up and drifting off again...
finally for good around midnight...
[there's a nearly full moon...]

I woke up several times this morning...
just rolling over...or climbing back in bed...
after a trek to the bathroom...

the last time I looked at the clock it was around 7...

then, I woke up thinking it was around 8...
it was 11:39 AM...

I can't remember the last time I slept that late...
probably sometime when I was sick...
but I can't remember when that would have been, either...

as I write this, my eyes are closing...
it's only 1:36 PM...I've been "up" barely 2 hours...
it's sunny & nice outside...but I just want a nap...
my head feels thick and "sinus-y"...

I have "freed" the incarcerated felines...
[after moving several things they could mess-up...]

the bathroom door is closed...
I don't need paw prints in the still curing cement...
and the side of the bench is open into the back of the cabinet...
and possibly the crawl space...

I'm trusting that they will come back to the bedroom...
I can catch Sneaky, Charlie flees any entrapment...
although when I'm IN bed, he comes to purr, drool & be petted...
besides, the vet is closed now until Monday AM...
their " vet-trap radar" should be off...

Miz SPie has been prowling about...
enjoying being "Queen" of all she can see...
Charlie came to eat and then vanished...

I have given-up the notion of making something...
for the church potluck tomorrow...
D said not to worry, that she purchased some food...

I finally got the kitchen cleaned-up yesterday...
the water had been off all day Weds. & Thurs....
as well as part of the day yesterday...

the kitchen faucet seems to have low pressure now...
it's probably plugged with sediment...
the water filter seems normal...
and I need to do some laundry...
so I hope those pipes aren't plugged too...

I'll water all the indoor plants using the outside hose...
as soon as I re-incarcerate the felines in the bedroom...
as that means leaving the front door open a bit...
watering, laundry & getting cleaned-up for church are my only tasks...

maybe I'll take a nap...

No comments: