Thursday, January 15, 2009

...wall accomplished...!



now we're movin' along...
leaving empty tile boxes in our wake...



after the field tile courses...
we finally get to the "trim"...
first, a 3" white piece...



then the 1st 1/2" black liner...



then,[be still my heart], the celadon green glass half round...



then the 2nd 1/2" black liner...



the 2nd 3" white piece...for symmetry's sake...



then the 3" black radius bullnose cap on top...



et, voila...wall accomplished...!

one section down[or "up"...] 5 to go...
[plus 2 floors...]

4 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

That green glass tile is striking! I'm so happy for you! This makes me want to bulldozer my bath and start over. It doesn't have structural problems but does have a bad case of the 1960's. I have white and gold French provincial style vanities. Oh, you heard me right. The gold trim on the door panels and the gold and white pulls and hinges. People had some peculiar decorating ideas in the '60's. I was around then - I remember. It's not as bad as a house I looked at with white and gold French provencial style kitchen cabinets. THOSE were weird.

Miz Minka said...

Beautiful! And it looks much better on the shower wall than the LR floor. ;)

catsinger said...

...the vanity I "inherited" with the bathroom was one of those really cheap,pressed wood things...painted white with metallic gold painted trim[also from the 60's...yuck...]
there were plastic starburst knobs on the cheap faucet...and gold glitter flecks in the white plastic basin...
UGLY...
almost as gross as the Formica kitchen countertops...they were white with the gold glitter flecks embedded in them...OH...and dull aluminum trim all around.... :P

catsinger said...

...MM... you are SO correct...but I got SO excited to see it ANYWHERE ELSE...
besides in the boxes...or a sample layout...
that I took several pictures of it...

BTW...it looks SO much better in person than in these pictures...

R, Tile Wizard...kept telling me how very cool he thought my choices of colors and pattern were ...

J2, asst.tile guy...kept saying how cool it was too...

enough that I knew they really liked it... :D