Monday, January 5, 2009

...phase one, well...sort of complete...

I got an early start this morning...
took my Excedrin[double dose...]
but when it came to assembling these carriers...
my sore finger got lit up, big time...



I tried to catch Charlie, missed and scared him...
making him a ghost...
I captured Matt & Murph [no problem]
Matt jumped out of the carrier, but I called him...
and he came right back to me 'cause he's my good boy...
then I got Frick & Creamer...
since it was a sneak attack, it worked...

on the second trip, I caught Sneaky Pie, put an ID collar on her...
but she escaped my not-so-nimble clutches...
then I captured Mack[too easy], MJ[a little harder]...
Lacy[B- degree of difficulty] Thomas[unexpectedly easy...]
& Lucyfur[no problem...]

on the third trip, I tried to capture SPie again...
had her inside the carrier, again, when she escaped...AGAIN...
and since Molly was getting weird watching all this...
I just gathered up her stuff, & took her...
she was thrilled...until I took her back to the kennels...

I came home..."boxed" Piglet & Fluff...
lots of name-calling, but no real problems...
took them down...
[this is a 30 min. round trip...each time...
and this was the 4th time...]

came home, finally cornered Cagney above the 'fridge...
boxed her, & took her down...[trip 5]
I'd see a glimpse of Charlie or SPie...
"...but only that...and nothing more..."

so now, I had all but 2 kitties at the vet's...



you can see their names if you make it bigger...
they aren't thrilled, but they'll adjust...



Molly's in a large kennel facing them...
with her red bed, her purple wiener dog toy...
and a pig's ear...

I think it goes without further mention...
that I have had a stressful, painful & guilt-riddled day...
capturing, transporting & incarcerating my babies...
the silence here, is deafening...
even with Charlie & SPie still in residence...

also...

all the strenuous activity has made my finger hurt like @#$%...
so much so, that it actually made me nauseous...
so on the way home, the 5th time...
I went through Jack's Box & got a chocolate milkshake



holding the cold milkshake made my hand feel a lot better...
and drinking it made me feel a lot better...

of course...

when I got home, there were NO cats to be seen...

ANYWHERE...

so I sat down at my computer, held & drank my milkshake...
loudly announcing to no one in particular...
that I was "done" catching cats for the day...
that SPie & Charlie could "stay" in the bedroom...

after a few moments I looked up & saw...



Charlie...just watching...I pushed the catfood dish towards him...
far enough away from me for him to feel, in his comfort zone...

and then whom should appear...like the proverbial "bad penny" ?
Miz Sneaky Pie herself... winding in & out of my legs...



rubbing her fur against my legs, BIG TIME...
standing on tiptoe to be petted...
and generally making a total pest of herself...

she's returned now, to eat again...
after retreating to her top shelf for a brief interlude...
& just a few moments later, she was in my arms purring & making nice...
I looked at the clock...it was 5:06 PM...
my vet closes at 5... now she can even tell time...

my plan is to lure them into my bedroom [ie I'll simply open the door...]
then keep them in there during all the ruckus tomorrow...
at least if I can't catch them...I can keep them locked up...
if Piglet & Fluff were still here...
I couldn't do that...

the contractor just called...
they'll be here tomorrow between 8:15-9 AM...
for a day of demolition...
he said they'd hang my dropcloth in the doorway...
move furniture & rugs...which is good ...
'cause despite the cold compress[aka milkshake...]
my hand is really hurting...
[maybe it's time for triple Excedrin...]

the rebuild begins Weds...
but I have "miles to go before I sleep"...tonight, anyway...
and I'm exhausted now...

stay tuned for "updates & breaking news"...

No comments: