Saturday, January 3, 2009

...a comfortable evening in front of the fire

with all the ways that my life will be upside down soon...
and for a while, I might add...
I wanted a nice cozy evening...to remember...
and since things get crazy again for Miz Minka soon too...
I invited her & Mr Greenthumb over for supper & to watch a film...
one I liked that I'd wanted them to see for a while now...

and since Tuesday is "demo" day...
Mr. GT agreed to help me remove the ceramic TP holder...
that I want to reuse, from the bathroom wall...
so it wouldn't get broken in the demo...



after about 15 minutes of hammering...
all of a sudden, MM said, "it's falling out"...
and Mr GT caught it before it fell & broke...
I'm sure glad that she was paying attention...



then it was time for supper...
mac n'cheese[for grownups] AND stew...
along with some hearty bread & a green salad...



and of course, these for dessert...with a spot of tea...

then we repaired to the LR to view...



during the film several of my "friends" came calling...



Molly enjoyed the attention...



and the "target rich environment" brought on a case of "click-click fever"...
with first Mackie finding a lap...
[I think that the look on his face is, "besotted"...]



then Mattie took his perch...
just within the petting range of Mr GT...
who was petting Molly with the other hand...
Mattie doesn't come out for just anyone...
and then, Charlie showed-up too...!
a VERY rare honor indeed for the GT's...



Molly took exception to Mackie getting all the attention...
[this is the only one of several I took that wasn't blurry...]



then Mackie, showed just WHY, he is, Mr.Fluffy Tail...cutie puss...



totally ensnaring MM, making her putty in his cute, fuzzy paws....
by showing her his one black furry toe on his right paw...
and the one pink pad, the others are black, on his left...

we made it an early evening, [church tomorrow...]
since we were all yawning before 10 PM...
with lots of comfort food to digest...
it was definitely time for home & bed...

all my kitties, Molly & I would like to thank the GT's...
for coming to supper, helping with the bathroom demo...
and for their lovely, companionable presence...
thanks for coming, sharing & helping...
you guys are always welcome here...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a lovely evening! :)

catsinger said...

...you are very welcome... :D
come back any time...
the kitties & Molly LOVED all the attention...

Anonymous said...

Hello, good and faithful visitor to my blog. Thank you so much for your comment. Tonight I am going to add another picture of a darling doggie friend, my yoga teacher's dog, Abby, looking warm and toasty in front of a roaring fire. Isn't this how every yoga class ought to look? Joyce

catsinger said...

...anything in front of a roaring fire on a cold day/night can't be all bad...:D