Friday, January 30, 2009

...the final "regular " workday...[aka a "Pie-casso masterpiece...]

today, the final "regular" workday...

is... painting the trim/woodwork day...



so G has been sanding, prepping & cleaning...



also taping off tile and wall areas...



it's much easier to not get paint on it...



than to clean it off later...



he took off the new hardware and taped the window...

then things took a "furry" turn...
and the "inpestation" began...
(note to MM [re:your post on "made-up" words...]
I made this word up years ago...
after years of living with cats...
and it means exactly what you think it does...)




first, Mz "Snoopy" Pie tested my resolve to keep her "out"...



finding the door of opportunity, wide open...
[in HER mind...]



she hopped right in...where the drawers used to be...



and just like a kid would do, she claimed it for her own...
[this is MINE !...& this is MINE...etc...]



after showing off for a while[and making most of my shots blurry...]
she was distracted by G taping the windows...



so she hopped out of her "cave"...



and went to inspect uh, inpest...
[there's another form of that word again...]
the paint cans & supplies...
poor thing, she's been kept "out of the loop"...
and has to "make up for it"...

can you tell I've been keeping the bathroom door shut...
since somebody peed in the shower stall...
on G's canvas dropcloth...
[guess who [SP] has a history of doing that?]



so by this time...I'm shooting her every move...
and she knows it...



taking full advantage of the opportunity to snoop...
while I'm preoccupied with "click-click" fever...



clever feline that she is...
she knows that one false move from her...



and "bathroom quest" will be over...



after a brief thought to more "cave exploring"...



she opts, instead, for medicine cabinet snooping...
and reading her furry intent[shelf support swiping...]
she gets the "bum's rush"back to the floor...



not deterred, she continues her snooping foray...



until something familiar catches her eye...

I couldn't see it...but I heard it...



sorry MM...this is the best I could do...

someday...there will be video...

especially now that she's knows it's still there...

cats...sigh...

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

That's one of the prettiest pedestal sinks I have ever seen. You have good taste.

Have you checked my blog recently? I have taken in a stray cat and am trying to find her a home. Another calico. She has checked out healthwise so I tried to introduce her to my cat (stray girl was on a halter and leash) and while my Molly (shockingly) was pretty friendly, sniffing nose to nose in a "how ya doin'?" kind of way, stray girl was hostile and hissy, so back in the garage she went. Stray girl is great with people, though. We're hunting a home for her. We really don't want another cat, and I won't have Molly feeling threatened and bullied in her own house. Got any contacts in East Tennessee who want a cat? We deliver!

catsinger said...

...my father's family were residents of Clifty[sp] County until 1908, when they came west...a bunch of them stayed behind...
but I have no contacts at all...
[they were literally, "hillbillies"]
wish I had some though...
a calico is generally not too hard to place, as many people will be more open to a "pretty" cat...
have you tried the old,"new cat in a closed room for a couple of days" routine ?
it always worked for me when introducing new ones...
they always hiss at first, but often become friends very quickly...
good luck... :D