Monday, January 19, 2009

...this & that

we're at that point..
where you want to BE done...
but it's taking forever to finish off all the little things...

so R finally got all the pieces measured...
and finished the edge wall & trim...



[you DO realize that the blue painter's tape is just for tonight...?]



and the plan was to finish off the bench...
that was before the corner conundrum...

meanwhile...



I busied myself with cleaning out the built in drawers...
removing [besides a ton of "demo dust" & rat droppings...]...
some old sham covers[they go with my bedspread...]
"new drapes"[I don't have any hardware, ie,"rods", anymore...]
and ...



a new set of plaid queen size flannel sheets and matching[sort of...]shams...

I have to find a new home/ give these things away/pitch them...
or put them into the garage with a ton of other stuff...

so finally...



I had emptied & cleaned out the built-in drawers...
so I put away all my new towels in the 3 lower drawers...
[black, celadon green, violet & yellow...]

then, I made another trip to Daltile...
as we had underestimated by about 25...
the number of white 6" quarter rounds we needed...

meanwhile...



the corner conundrum was coming to a climax...
I didn't mind the mitered corner...
on the white quarter round, edging the bench...
but R didn't like it...and will get something "better" at HD tomorrow...
[where he will go to pick-up the quick-set for the floor...]



the mitered corner looks great on the green...



but R thinks that it'll become a problem on the seat...



I hope he's planning on doing something "different" here too...
'cause this lower corner just isn't doin' it for me...

on the "good news front", however...



the 3 x 6" black fit perfectly on the outside of the dam...



it leads right into the wall where it will continue around the room...



inside the dam, only a bit had to come off the 3 x 6's...
but it was too wet to work around[ie to do the shower floor...]
so R called it an early day around 3 PM...
[he generally leaves around 4:30...& has been here until 6 a couple of times...]

I'm also "beat"... I don't know why I'm so tired...
so I'm going in for a nap...

No comments: