Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...everything happens for a reason

it's been a week since the "shower wall/door" guy...
came by & measured my space...

after trying hard to sell me a sliding glass door...
and being told,"no way"...just as I've said from the start...
he had changed direction...
something he's done every time anyone talks to him...



I don't want a sliding door because they are hard to keep operational...
they are heavy... and ugly... not to mention NOT "period...

today we find out that not only has nothing been ordered...
what they told me [& G...] was "no problem..."
is apparently, not possible...not available...
unless a LOT more $ is involved...


from the beginning G has called this a "custom door"...
and has been assured by the sub contractor, that "he had a guy"...
who could deliver it for around $1000.00...
just the way I wanted it...

after the glass guy measured, they told G it would be about $1200.00...
to get what I'd been assured was "no problem" at around $800.00...
G, being a stand-up guy, told them to go ahead...
that he would absorb the difference without charging me more...
[this was on Friday...]

yesterday, I asked about it...
he said that he'd left calls & had gotten no response...
just a while ago, he had a long call from the sub...
the things we had been assured were set & being ordered...
"were not available", standard...
and would have to be custom...for more $$ [about $1600.00...]

at this point G, was NOT happy...
and after discussing the options, "available" with me...
I said, "everything happens for a reason"...
so let's try someone else...

so now we're waiting for R to drop by to check things out...



if I have to pay extra for what I want...
I'm NOT going to pay it to the "bait & switch dude"...
who seems to be "holding us up"...
just because he can...

G has been very honest and up front...
I don't want to see him get the "short end" either...
but at this rate, I'll have my first shower here...
in March... :P

so it's "miracle time" again...

No comments: