Tuesday, January 20, 2009

...an extremely long day



it's been a long day...
which started with putting the tile on the shower floor...
then fitting in around the drain...



then towards the bench...



and finally...filling-in at the edges...
50 tiny pieces...
it took a while...



eventually, R got to the walls...
he decided to wait until tomorrow for the main floor...
because doing the floor, brings everything else to a stop...

meanwhile...



I was busy... sorting and stacking...



moving the faucet boxes onto the table...
with the stuff that had been scattered around...
[med cab., shelves, new toilet seat...]
that is...after I moved all the floor tile...



and the dog bed... & rugs...



then I centralized all the tile on the floor...



I also moved the LR furniture "back"...



in between these jobs, I was looking for a CD for tonight...
and subsequently sorted about 60 that had been piled for a while...
naturally, the CD I sought was in the last box to be sorted...

I also put together a copy of the music on the CD...
found myself a binder, cleaned & stashed a music stand in my car...
put together some other stuff for tonight's rehearsal...
reminded R, several times...
that I needed to be out of here by no later than 6 tonight...

wrote a large check to G for a third of the cost of the redo...

and, as I sit here...in really dirty clothes...
with scuzzy hair..at 4:45 PM...
waiting for them to leave...
so I can at least, try to get cleaned up...



I hear noises that sound like mortar being scraped...
which means more tile is going up...
which is cool...
but my toilet is still sitting, IN the shower...
and has to be hooked back up...soon...

I'm attempting to stay calm...

I figure that God has all this under control...
so I'm waiting for something "good" to happen...
my headache seems much less...
that's a start...

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

I'm not sure what it is about them, but those hexagonal tiles are absolutely adorable. And the walls are looking beautiful. All this tile loveliness is a counterpoint to the two loose tiles I found in the shower stall ceiling last night. Yes, ceiling. My bathtub is boxed in with a lowered ceiling which is tiled like the walls. Caulking is in order, I'm afraid, to hold them in place. The appropriate fix would be to remove them and glue them back in place, then regrout, but these are weird 1968 speckled tiles which of course haven't been made for 40 years. I don't dare try to remove any in case they break. No replacements. I'm trying not to think of what might be happening behind these tiles. I know for a fact that there's no concrete or chicken wire behind them. Just whatever was sold for waterproof backer board in 1968. Sigh.

catsinger said...

...R, the Tile Wizard said that "for the right price,he'd even go to Tennessee" ;D