Monday, January 26, 2009

...it's only 2:32 PM...& there are no workmen about !

it has been a banner Monday so far...

it started a bit shaky...
when Molly tried for a "R" sandwich...
she got cloth, no flesh...but it was enough...
that's when she was removed to the yard...

he was in a hurry walking out the door...
she had just been wagging her tail...
then she suddenly lunged...
too much stimulation...

when R was gone...
and G came in, then Molly was a pest...
because G will pet & play with her...
so she went outside again...
[there is NOT room for a kissy face dog...
when you're trying to work in that small bathroom...]

we had a rousing game of ball...
then I came in & she seemed content...
for hours, out there, in the sunshine...
as it got colder, though, she wanted in...
so I let her in around 2, gave her a bone...
and she stayed in her nest happily chewing away...

the kitties used their Molly vacation to stuff themselves...
and are now asleep in numerous locations...
including Frick, whose eyes are hardly gooey at all...
and was up eating heartily...

G moves fast...



and being tall, he had the ceiling, walls and woodwork...
clean & sanitized before I knew it...



the drawers were returned for painting later...
[naturally, I misplaced 2 of 3 new knobs...]



cracks were repaired...



then G primed the clean, mended walls & ceiling...



it's amazing how much better it looks primed...



and when the primer was mostly dry...



and the masking paper removed...
even though it's too white...
[being "primer"...]
it looks great...



he installed the shower faucets...
but at this point, to continue...
he needed to turn off the water...
and do several plumbing things...

since it was "later"[nearly 2:30...]
and he needs to hang around to thoroughly check for leaks...
he decided to do the shower head, toilet swap...
and sink plumbing hook-ups...
first thing tomorrow to avoid me having any problems tonight...

so, quite unexpectedly....

I am alone...

a "stolen day"...a "mental health day"...
the rest of the day, to just hibernate, nap & listen to NOTHING...

I don't even have to move my car at 0dark:30 AM tomorrow !!

G says that he can park the trailer on the street, no problem...

so after enjoying the "incredible lightness"...
of the natural, afternoon light...
seeping into my becoming bathroom...



enjoying the reflection on the new tiles...



and relishing the lightness of spirit...



that will inhabit this new, clean, functional space...

I'm playing "hooky" the rest of the day...

3 comments:

us300 said...

Good for you, ENJOY

The Calico Quilter said...

I would be in there stroking the tile, cooing to myself "Pretty!"

catsinger said...

Calico...I actually have done just that...though I think I was saying,"clean...very cool..."
I did the "pretty" for a couple of months after finding the green glass... ;D

J...today should see a lot of stuff
get hooked up & tested...I'm using the same color on the ceiling walls & woodwork that we used on the LR/DR trim...
Cameo White...in "eggshell"with mildewicide in it for the ceiling & walls...and the same semi gloss for the woodwork...