Friday, August 1, 2008

...throwing in the towels



*NOTICE*
the "celadon/celedon green towels...
so elusive...so long sought...
and found at Company Store... !

this green is unlike any of the several others I've considered...
I can't explain it... it's just "celedon green"...
that opaque, jade-like green...
[I even found a "dusty jade"...but it was too dull...]
AND...
they had not only the bath sheet towels [xtra large...] I love...
but matching bath mats...[along with the standard washcloths, hand towels, etc...]

all natural cotton... just what I wanted...

I also wanted a couple of "switch-out" colors...
and at Pottery Barn, I found all cotton choices like at CS...
but in THESE colors...



"soft violet"...so nice with the white/black/bit of green scheme...
I generally don't think of "purples" when I think "towels"...
but this is a nice combo...
and will give me a nice break from green...



this is "marigold yellow"... a soft buttery one at that...
again... not my first thought for towels...
but this color will be a bright alternative...



you can't go wrong with black...
sophisticated and "correct"...
also as an alternative...

I'm still looking for a wastebasket/tissue box cover/cup ...
I wouldn't mind porcelain...
but it's not too practical with my furry "wrecking crew" ...

chrome would be very nice...
but it is often accompanied by glass[see above...]
plastic would be OK if it was shiny black...
wicker might work...in black or white...

*sigh*

I'm either way out in front of the current trends...
or WAY behind...

either way... I can't find what I want...
but I'll keep looking....
the "hunt" is always fun...!

No comments: