Wednesday, August 6, 2008

...it's here, it's here !



My sink has "entered the building"...
and it is none the worse for it's trip...
from Gurnee, IL ...
[I actually KNOW where that is...
I've BEEN there...]



also arriving yesterday...
the faucet set for the sink...

heavy cast brass...
the inspector proudly states that they are...
"a 15 year employee of Strom Plumbing...
at the sign of the crab..."

and the cool shelf for under the medicine chest...



with it's really elegant chrome fence...

and finally... the SOOO period medicine chest...



primed for paint... with chrome hardware...

of course... the UPS guy was in super stealth mode...
leaving them, all at once, silently sitting on my porch...
for me to find just before I retired to the bedroom for the night...

they weren't heavy... so he didn't leave them right in front of the door...
but they were big.... and ungainly...
and hard to wrangle inside...
where I left them laying as flat on the floor as possible...
[so a cat couldn't break anything...]

this morning... I made coffee...
got my "check-in" list, a pen & my utility knife...
shooed away kitties...
[ha... Gracie is a repeat offender...
with a "boomerang" move that she repeats, ad nauseum...]

after satisfying myself that it was the basin/pedestal that I ordered...
AND that there were NO cracks, etc...
I re boxed the 2 parts and laid them as flat as possible on the floor...
tossing out the outer box and foam packing media...

I repeated the same procedure for the faucet set...
shoo Gracie, open outer box...
remove inner box, check item...
shoo Gracie out of outer box...
throw outer box on porch...
check off item...
shoo Gracie off item box...
and store said item in the safest position...
at which time Gracie "assumes" her position on the next box...

I'm not sure HOW she knows which box I'll open next...
but, she does...

the previous procedure is again repeated for the shelf...

and finally, the medicine chest...

then I carry the outer boxes and packing materials out...
after shooing Mackie off of them...
[he likes empty boxes... Gracie likes full ones...
cats... go figure...]

of course Thomas has been "underfoot"...
he sits in my way and won't budge until I shoo him...
Sneaky Pie picks a spot on the console table...
where she can "see everything"...
AND be petted as I pass...

Lucyfur, MJ, Mackie and Murphy ..."lurk"on the periphery...

the moment I left the room...
in they swarmed...


the "usual suspects... left to right...
Sneaky Pie [NOT happy...]
Murphy [next to the box]
Mackie [on the lower box]
Gracie, Lucyfur & Matt...on "top of the world"...
[as you can see... I just bought cat food... truly "Cat Heaven"...

No comments: