Monday, August 25, 2008

...the rings of Catsinger



no... NOT this kind of rings...


THIS kind...



I've never worn much jewelry...
well... maybe in the 60's...
when I had long, blond hair...
[if you've seen those pictures...
or were THERE...>
what will it cost me...
to buy your continued silence ? ]

anyway...

during the last 15-20 years...
my growing appreciation and interest in...
my Celtic heritage has influenced my taste...
to the extent that I've "collected" Celtic style rings...
like the ones you see below...

my recent,[& I hope, continuing] "shrinking"...
has made rings I wore for years too big...
so I've added to my collection, along the Celtic theme...
and replaced the now too big with the "cool" Celtic...



on my right hand, I have a new Celtic Eternity Knot...
[see below] on my index finger...
and a new Celtic "Tree of Life" on my ring finger...

I had a ring with diamonds there...
but after crawling around looking for it...
TOO many times, after it "fell off"...
I put it away for safekeeping...


[Celtic Eternity Knot ring...]


I know... this isn't a ring...



it's a bracelet...[braided copper, brass & silver...]
the intent is arthritis relief...
but it is a "ring" of sorts...
I have several different ones...


on my left thumb...



I have a gold ring...
the pattern is a grape vine with leaves & fruit...
in yellow, white & Black Hills gold...
I got it in November, 2005,from a ring store in Grass Valley...
[that's a trumpeter's bone spur on the joint...]

on my left hand...



on my middle finger... is my first Celtic Knot ring...
I bought it in Reno about 15 years ago....
putting it on my middle finger was a "departure" for me...
the Celtic Knot ring on my left pinky...
is part of a 3 ring set pictured below...


[3 ring set]



Celtic Eternity Knot...



this is a Scot "Thistle" ring...
the thistle stands for royalty in Celtic tradition...
and I am Scottish & Black Irish...
"highlander"... on both sides...
[along with some German...]



this is an Eternity "Wave" ring...
[NOT Celtic...but I liked it a lot...]


they all fit at this point...
it depends which finger they're on...
and I can't wear them all at once...
so, they are "waiting in the wings" at this point...
[and, no, I'm NOT making a baby-talk pun...
missed it ? hint..."R"="W"...]

I do have 2 extra holes in my head...
I know...just as you always suspected... HA, HA...
very cute...for ear rings, Einstein...

used to wear the long dangly ones...
60's...love beads... and all that...
[see previous "bribe" offer if you were there...]

but not since I saw an older woman...
who resembled one of those "tribal women"...
with the s-t-r-e-c-h-e-d out ear lobes...
have I wanted to wear the long dangly ones...
[I have such a short neck, they looked odd, anyway...]

a "cautionary tale", observed...

I have some nice "studs"...
Aussie fire opals...[my birthstone...]
diamonds [from a long-dead relative's wedding ring...]
rubies, sapphires, emeralds [not big, but pretty...]
pearls, jade & tiger eye...
as well as gold & silver studs...

I only wear them now when I get dressed-up...
and mostly only the opals or diamonds...
they were "custom"...
and the shaft is long & thick...
with a "stop lock" for the "end piece"...
giving me, at least a chance
to insert them without dropping them...
[just try putting studs in your ears with 1 thumb...]

as far as "nose rings"..
or "belly button rings"...
or OTHER rings...

...GUESS...

No comments: