Saturday, August 23, 2008

...Cagney & Lacy, sisters in cuteness & crime avoidance



"Hi... my name is Cagney...
and I WAS asleep...
until Mom started taking flash pictures..."



"now that I'm awake anyway...
I might as well tell my...
that is, our story..."


"This,'full of herself' feline is my sister, Lacy...


who obviously causes her share of trouble...

something I try very hard to avoid..."

"on Christmas Eve, 1998...
Mom had gone to leave some goodies at the vets...
our foster Mom, who worked there...
knew a softie when she saw one...
and started telling Mom about the 2 CUTE kittens...
that she needed to find a GOOD home for...

about how there were 5 of us at first...
dumped as newborns on the vet...
fostered by her & her Mom...
and because we 2 were the only survivors...
she wanted to "place us together..."

since Mom had lost a kitty recently...
she listened...
and finding herself filled with the spirit of the season...
agreed to "look at us"...

our foster Mom's, Mom had us there in a flash...
we cuddled, purred, kissed & charmed our way into Mom's heart...
[it didn't take long...]
and the rest, as they say, is history..."


"Lacy likes to be on top of things...
this gives her a real sense of power..."


"she is also an opportunist...


this spot puts her in a prime position...
to look cute... AND be petted..."
my sister is NOBODY'S fool"

"I, on the other hand, enjoy more practical purr-suits...
I enjoy staying "off the beaten path"...
away from the others ...with their "issues" & fleas..."



"my silky fur benefits from drinking bathroom drips...
it also satisfies my catly desire for special attention...
as this requires Mom to turn on "drips"...JUST for me..."



"which is NOT hard for me to accomplish...
as I am SOOOO cute...
and...
did I mention my "silky" fur...
and total gorgeousness... ?"



"of course... if you're NOT buying that...
there's ALWAYS my cute, spotted tummy..."



"with all this cuteness...
[and Lacy's not bad either...]
Mom didn't stand a chance..."

No comments: