Sunday, August 3, 2008

...accessories, accessories, accessories



after whining about how hard it would be ...
to find the bath accessories I wanted...
I found what I wanted at Target...

right style... right material...

and then...

discovered that it was "unavailable"....

so I searched Amazon...
found it "in stock"...
clicked "purchase"...
and they took me back to Target...
where it was still "unavailable"...

ARGH...

so after chasing several leads...
[they are Fieldcrest... so I looked at Sears, JCPenneys, etc...
all equally unfruitful...]

I paused to "re-group"...
the frustration having revived the "flu-like symptoms"... headache, etc...
that have been "dogging" me since the DPT booster last week...
[it's a "possible" side effect" of the vaccine...
that could last for several more days...
but rather rare... I am SO fortunate...]

so, in defeat... and an achy, sweaty fog...
I returned to Target...

they DID have these, IN STOCK...



a black plastic/chrome wastebasket...



the matching soap dispenser...



and tissue box cover....



the "tumbler" from the plastic set was "unavailable"...
I prefer ceramic for the tumbler...
this may be ceramic... it doesn't say....



this tumbler is ceramic...
I like the set but am tired of cleaning up broken glass/ceramic objects...
so I ordered this stuff...

then ... I stumbled upon this set at organize.com...
it is stainless steel...very similar to the chrome set I loved...

so I ordered the waste basket, tissue cover, soap dispenser...
and the tumbler...
of course... these cost more than the chrome ones...

having settled on the chrome look...
I began to scope out shelves...
I like the look of the "hotel rack"...
but they tend to be $400.00 +...

I kept seeing this one...



by Polder... nearly the same size as the existing wall shelf...
in chrome... with 2 glass shelves & a towel bar...
eventually... it "grew" on me...
and it's only $35.00 from Target !
so if it turns out too tacky... no big loss...
and I can use the 2 shiny nickle towel bars elsewhere...

this shelf... was serendipitous...



I wanted a simple glass shelf ...
to go beneath the medicine cabinet...
since there is NO counter at all...
and this one with a simple "fence" is perfect...
very period... a perfect accessory...
for both the lovely sink AND the medicine cabinet...
my Sonicare toothbrush will be well housed...

so now... between 4 colors of towels, etc...
and 2 colors of accessories...
AND tasteful glass & chrome shelving...
my bathroom will never be boring again...
at least...
that's my theory... and I'm sticking to it...

NOW...
I have to decide on colors for the wall/ceiling/woodwork ...
[above the white tile,w/ black trim...]
I need to use that anti-mildew paint...
I believe I read that it can be tinted....

I don't think I want as much white as there is now...
but I'm not sure if I want a pale green above the tile...
I'll have to let this percolate a bit...
but the contractors will paint... so I have to decide... soon...

I sure am glad I'm "retired"...
and have the time and "energy" for all this...[HA !]

No comments: