Friday, August 15, 2008

...still a lovely stained glass window



regular readers may remember this...
"a lovely stained glass" window...
that the skilled craftsman/cat whisperer...
installed and trimmed last October...



seen here installed, trim unpainted...


in my search for a piece of glass ...
to insert in the top of my existing bathroom window...
[needs to fit within 21" wide x 14.5" high...]
this seems the best fit...

it has the right colors...
I love it...
it is SOOOO period correct...
and it physically would fit the area...
without the frame, that is...
[the glass is 20" x 10"...]

as we saw with the first one...
it can be removed from the frame...
[although we left the first framed...]
and set on the existing top window...
inside... over the existing glass...
and trimmed out top and bottom...

buying a new "wooden" replacement window ...
would cost me at least $500...
and a vinyl replacement window is just...
well... just too icky to consider...

I'm hoping that the one can be fixed...
[new hardware, shored up, sash cord repaired...]
and decorated for less...

the window was on sale...$30 off...
AND... I got an additional 5% off...
as well as NO TAX... & FREE SHIPPING...
so it only cost me $120.00...

at that rate... maybe I can afford to hire...
the "skilled craftsman" to rebuild the window...
and set this stained glass...
he'd do a great job on the trim...


with all the care I'm taking to create...
the bathroom I've always wanted this to be...
I'm NOT going to mess it up with schlocky stuff...
that isn't style-correct or that I hate...

while shopping...I also found these...
that are the wrong shape...
I've seen them before...
and always liked them..




they would, however look very nice...
elsewhere in my house...

No comments: