Friday, August 22, 2008

...clutz update 1.1 [or, "I don't need no stinkin' stitches..."]

[never before ...has one little mishap...garnered so much blog fodder...]

it all began with this...


sliced on the pinky knuckle during a backhand hammer stroke...
by rusty chicken wire...

[creating, "The Red Badge of Clutziness"...]


attempt 1.1 to bandage the "small cut"...
attempt 1.0, was "bled through"...
attempt 1.1 finally stopped the "flow"...

the timely "butterfly closure" application...[2.0]
allowing ventilation...

after I realized how deep & long it was...

followed closely by the "genius" plastic dinnerware handle splint...[2.1]

solving part of the continuing pain issue by keeping it from bending...

so after about 36 hours of being immobilized...



the wound, which was fairly deep, and long....
has closed up, completely...



no swelling... or hint of infection...
some pain... but that comes from a bit more movement...



as I removed the splint this morning...
I'm still using the butterfly closures...
with a different placement... [3.0]
[I even just went and got more...]
these keep my finger from bending much...
allowing the healing to continue...



as you can see...
I haven't really washed the wound area...
I want to be VERY sure the cut has "knit"...
before I put stress on it...

my only problem...
keeping it "straight" & "dry"...
really does interfere with my daily chores...
[cooking, cleaning, showering...]

No comments: