Wednesday, August 6, 2008

...Ameri-cat Idol...NOT



considering HOW LONG it took me...
to FIND an avatar to begin with...

and that I've never found the one I WANTED...
[maybe I just "dreamed it"...]
this change was long overdue...



this was as close as I've ever gotten to my original idea...
a Brunhilda cat, singing Wagner in full Valkyrie regalia...
I KNOW I saw that illustration SOMEWHERE...

I chose the first one...



because it was one I could "crop" & play with it...
[it's from a MUCH larger work...]



and though the cat on the lower left, was more my shape...
it was too "tenore"... even for me...
[there's also too much PINK... NOT my favorite color...]



I considered THIS one...
[I have a soft spot for THIS picture...]
but then, I'd have to become "Catdrinker"...
which is ambiguous... and too weird...
besides... the beer is the "wrong color"... [yuck]
and I don't watch that much TV anymore...
[also... the "figure" isn't quite as accurate as it once was...]



I strongly considered this picture...
"singing for your supper"... and all that...
and I DO like to cook...
who knows... ?
it may yet happen...



this one would work...
the cat reminds me of Lucyfur...
she looks "loud"...
and I don't lack for volume...



I LOVE this illustration... and have used it ...
as "our choir" at St Johns...
with me playing trumpet...
but again... I am "Catsinger"...
NOT "Cattrumpeter"...



then there is this choice...
the cat IS wearing a helmet...
[no "horns" or sword, though...]
it is on the "portly" side...
[at least, very "fluffy"...]
and has that "don't mess with me if you value your life"...
"diva face"...seen on sopranos with "catitude"...everywhere...

perhaps... there should be a contest to choose the "right one"...
in that case, submissions would be accepted...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ?

if anyone has any "good" ideas ["G" rated, ONLY, please]
for a NEW & IMPROVED Catsinger avatar...
submit them in a comment or email...
I will post them...
along with these...
and you can vote...

I'll "use" the winner for the first month
after my impending blogoversary...
[August 28]

if no body is inspired to contribute...
then I'll just have to choose for myself...
cause a cat's gonna do,
what a cat's gonna do...

POST SCRIPT... JUST for UnklePhil...



"to-yo-ta-ho ?? "... uh... NO WAY...

2 comments:

unklephil said...

Not many viking cats out there, but found this interesting bit...

catsinger said...

leave it to someone who eats "Thumper" to produce this kind of artifact...yuck...
check the PS I'm adding to the post... this closer to what I had in mind[the one on the right...
NOT the one on the left...]