Tuesday, August 12, 2008

...the days of heavy lifting



after more than a week of arriving home to find this...
or more accurately, opening the door ...



to find several like these...
waiting to be "wrestled" inside...



and then these "smallish" boxes of tile...
that must have weighed 40 or 50 lbs for the floor tiles[flat boxes...]
and at least 30 to 40 lbs for the larger trim...
that needed "schlepping" from my car...
[the cool trim in the yellow box was quite light weight...]



the last item I found, a chrome over-the toilet shelf...
arrived today...
I had just finished carrying in the tiles from my car...
and when I went back out,"stealth man" had left the box...



the toilet arrived in 2 boxes...
one box was 37 lbs...the other was 52 lbs...
[Mack & Murph are "enjoying them" in the 2nd photo...



ALL of the towels & rugs have arrived now...
I'm not unpacking them for anti-clutter...
and cleanliness reasons...
as well as all pieces of the accessories I bought...



this shelf finally arrived...

so now... I wait...

I called the contractor and left a message...
he had told me to let him know when the tile I ordered arrived...
then he would send the tile guy over so we could plan...
I'm going to try to draw a scale diagram showing the pattern I want for the wall...

I have some grid paper...
a ruler and some felt pens...
I know how I want it to look...
I just hope that I can make it "to scale"...

I still don't know what to do for a window covering...
we are supposed to replace the old double hung window...
with something similar, but not wood...[rot issues...]
if I could find just the right piece...
I'd like a stained glass top...with a frosted bottom...

and then...have NO curtains or blinds...

I think I'll probably leave the walls & ceiling,"white"...
if it doesn't look strange against the tile "white"...
I'll use the "Cameo White" from the rest of the house ...
on the woodwork and built-in shelves...
it's a creamy white... I'll have to see how it looks...

I'm just glad that the end is in sight ...
for the "heavy lifting"...
because there's not a muscle ...
in my hands and arms that doesn't hurt...
and my arms and hands are covered with bruises...

No comments: