Thursday, August 21, 2008

...clutz update



here you see my damaged hand...
with the cleverly constructed...
"plastic knife handle splint"...

designed to keep my ripped knuckle immobile...
and it worked...

this AM, my finger is not swollen or discolored...
it is a bit "tender"... and very stiff...
but that's to be expected...
I shouldn't be moving it anyway...

after removing the bandages...
and finding it dry, "closed" and NOT evil-looking...
[ie,"infected, slimy or oozing"...]

I re bandaged it... without Neosporen...
[it's closed anyway...]
still using butterflies and my "splint"...



at this point, I'm sparing you the gory details...
of a picture of the wound itself...
it basically looks like a line of dried blood...
[that's the dark you see under the butterflies...

so stitches were NOT necessary...
[next time, I'll wear gloves...]

No comments: