Monday, January 18, 2010

...wow, just wow...



my regular readers know, all too well, of my l-o-n-g journey...
through,"the valley of the shadow of debt"...
[pun intended...]

you have suffered along with with me...
in my desire to get my financial attitudes "right" with God...
[as well as my spiritual & psychological issues...]
to retire my debt burdens, to learn to live more simply...
to discern the work that God has in mind for me...
and the job that would allow all this to happen...

and even though it's been one failed job interview after another...
during months of trying to remain patient & trusting in God's promise of supply...
with my resources literally running out in a matter of a week or so...
and with NO respite in sight, but my belief & faith in the goodness of God...

there's been a miracle...

a miracle beyond what I would have ever thought to hope for...
the details of which, I just can't share at this point...
but which will solve my financial problems for the foreseeable future...
and allow me to let "the right job" come to me...
instead of taking a situation that would be unhealthy or untenable for me...
just to "try & pay the bills"...

God doesn't work that way anyway...
and this is absolutely from Him...
another chance to be a good steward of His money...
[and this truly is... He's "lending it to me"...]
as I wait for that "right job" that I know, He has for me...

I'd like to thank each and every one of you...
from the bottom of my grateful, catly heart...
who have suffered along with me, endured my outbursts...
put up with my self-centered whining or depression...
and still prayed for, the dominoes to fall, the doors to open...
[or any other euphemisms you might wish to add...]

it has been a long & difficult road, so far...
and I'm sure that my path will continue to have difficulties...
but He has told me that I could not have learned the lessons that I had to learn...
without the difficulties that I had to deal with...

and since a large part of my problem is to overcome myself...
learning to focus on the problems and overcome them was essential...

"...he who overcomes, shall inherit all things..."[Rev.2:7]

so today, I rejoice in the providence of God...
allowing me to step back, away from the edge...
also, the joy I know that God has allowed me to share...
with those whom He has used to allow this to happen...
and with those of you who have been, "along for the ride"...
[however bumpy, it may have been...]

may our God, who is very good, at all times...
richly bless you all for all your thoughts, prayers & good wishes...

2 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

Catsinger, I actually cried when I read this post. I am SO delighted and not surprised at all. Our God is SO good ALL the time. I am anxious to continue to share this journey with you as a faithful reader of your blog, as a friend and most importantly as a prayer partner. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

catsinger said...

...I was stunned, actually speechless for a few moments...[OK, a couple of moments...] but I really wasn't surprised either...