Friday, January 1, 2010

...an interesting year has passed...

at first, when things started going wrong or breaking...
I was unconcerned... a job would come & I'd be able to get them fixed...
then as the year rolled on and I got past the bathroom re-do drama...
& the dislocated finger trauma with the surgery, Vicodin & P.T. fun...

more "stuff" broke or just stopped working properly...
[including my brain, but I digress...]

recently, I've come to realize that this pattern of destruction...
is definitely due to...



that's right...

the back yard security light that just quit...
making me believe that it needed a new globe...
until a replacement didn't work either...

the Sleep Comfort bed that kept me pain-free & moving for 4 years...
started loosing it's pressure... slowly at first...
then 15-20 points a night... and now...
30 or more every couple of hours, leaving me stiff & tired...

the DSL that would NOT work... so no ISP at home...

the phone service that suddenly stopped taking incoming calls...
that I can't afford to fix...

the pet licenses I couldn't afford to renew...

the windshield wiper blades I can't afford to replace...

the watch battery I can't afford to replace...

and now the broken back gate lock... yada, yada...

etc., etc., etc...



for a while, I succumbed to BC's whispered doubts & fears...
but as I began to realize just who was doing what to whom...
I began to resist, order him away & then finally, to laugh at BC...
[any cat staff person will tell you just how much normal cats HATE that...]



so "reinforcements" were called in...
but by this time, I had figured out where my best path was...

I'm sure that the attacks won't stop...
after all, that's how we know we're doing something right...

so BC, to you in 2010, I say once again...



[come on, join in with me, you know you want to...]

*SFPPPPPPPPBBBBBBTPH*

here's to a blessed and BC-free new year to you all !

Happy 2010 !

No comments: