Thursday, January 14, 2010

...bc has a new tack



after what has seemed like way too many "broken"...
or "not working properly" things around my house in the last few months...
[with NO money for service calls, repairs or replacement...]
I was hoping that bc would get bored & move on...
at least for a while...

the most recent problems, that have his paw prints...
include the broken back gate lock & the clogged water line for my washer...
which happened after the water was off the other night...

the return of the water pushed all sorts of sediment into my pipes...
which I was successful at clearing from the faucets...
but only a service guy can clean out the washer water supply line...
and that service call costs over $100...

so now, the washer fills so slowly that washing a load takes nearly 3 hours...
and I've taken to doing laundry, overnight...

today, a much more insidious tactic emerged...

it has come up before...
most recently about a month ago when I got home from the market...
and discovered that a container of yogurt...
purchased by the customer in line ahead of me...
had been put into my bag by mistake...

realizing that if I took it back, they would have to throw it away...
I just went ahead & ate it...
but apparently, the hook was now baited...
& bc waited... for me to not be "paying attention" ...

today, I had to go buy cat & dog food...

having discovered that DP has lowered their "case" prices...
to compete with WallyWorld[at least on what I need to buy...]
I went there...

I found a 40 lb bag o'diet dog food [Purina] on sale for $25.00...
[$15 less than similar products of the same size that I used to buy...]
I also got 4 24 can flats for Piglet & Fluff of the Turkey they thrive on...
[case price $.41 per little can]
and 3 24 can flats[bigger cans, $.79 each] of the kind the rest eat...

the salesperson seemed a bit dense, but finally figured it out...
and eventually gave me my debit card tag to sign...

it was only $72...

now that may seem like a lot to you...
but I do this every 6 weeks to 2 months...
and it's always over $100...

3 cases of bigger cans=$56.88, 4 cases of small=$39.39...
that's $96 already... without the dog food...

so I looked at the charges...
and there it was...

she had charged me for 1 can, [$.79] 3 times...
instead of 1 case, [$18.96] 3 times...
since I had already signed the debit ticket before I realized her error...
I then had to spend quite a bit of effort...
convincing her that she had made a $60 error in my favor...

it took longer than it should have to get her to understand...
then we had to start all over again with the manager...
since she had charged me for one can from each flat...
and would now have to charge me for 23 cans in each flat...

the guy waiting behind me in line understood me from the get-go...

finally, the manager understood me...
told the clerk what to do and I paid the nearly $60...

so as I loaded it all into my car...
I reflected on my narrow escape...
resolving to pay better attention in the future...
as bc is now, apparently, not just content to break things...
that I can't afford to fix...
he's now setting traps for me when I'm not paying attention...

perhaps I need to include a garlic necklace in my wardrobe..

6 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

A "pox" on BC! May he tuck in his tail and run in the opposite direction of you! Don't let him get the better of you...make him suffer!!!

Hope you have been to the church to pick up the present I left for you. It was meant to put a smile on your face!!

catsinger said...

...I was there on Thursday... nobody told me that you left me something... thank you in advance... I'm sure I'll love it... :D

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

I was there on Wednesday, Catsinger. It's just a little surprise that I put in your box based on a comment you recently made!

catsinger said...

...got it !! thanks SO much for the "Last of the Blond Bombshells" DVD...
I will totally enjoy it ! :D

Anonymous said...

Keep up the GOOD work! Thank you for sharing your journey with us, we enjoy following it. You are always in our prayers

Mr. & Mrs. us300

catsinger said...

...thanks for the kind words....hope all's well with you guys...