Saturday, January 16, 2010

...*sigh*



I suppose that I'd find the irony a bit more humorous...
if I hadn't just submitted an application to WallyWorld today...

*again*...



this time, I actually passed the "hourly management" test...
but still failed the "entry level management trainee" test...
the 2 tests are almost identical, so I'm not sure where I "strayed"...
but I did... next time, maybe I'll drink the Koolade first...
[or, maybe not...]

since I applied for every position I thought that I could manage...
at every hour of the day or night[except Sunday...]
at all 4 stores within 15 miles[Mudville, Lardtown, Altamontville...
and the Sleepy Village to the North...]

[it took a couple of hours, online...]

maybe I'll get an e-mail or call this time...

I also skulked about on the both local college HR sites [nada...]

then, I crossed over to the darkside...



they claim that there is a "long-term sub." elementary band & string position...
shared by 2 Southside schools [NOT in the good part of town]...
that has been available since Thanksgiving...
& is scheduled to terminate on May 28...

[it may be that this position was that of a former colleague...
who got put on leave, because it wasn't available in August...]

so I called and left a message with the HR person I know...
I don't expect that it's still open, but it doesn't hurt to ask...
it is full-time, but there's not enough year left to compromise my pension...
& it does NOT include classroom music, which I'm just not prepared to do...

then I applied for 2 different "food prep.assist II" positions...
[ie "lunch lady"] one is 6.5 hours daily, the other is 3...
these I could apply for online...
don't know what will happen, but since Monday is a holiday...
I probably won't hear anything until Tuesday at the earliest...
[both job application deadlines are 01/20/2010 at 4 PM...]

I would have applied for an "instructional aide" position...
that was advertised, but no applications were available on line...

God continues to tell me to wait & remain calm...
but the money is running out fast...
so I figure that if these jobs don't pan out...
I haven't really interfered with something God has in mind...

after all, you can't steer a parked car, can you ?

I'm not panicking... I know that God can do anything...
He IS the master of "last minute rescues"...
and I hope that He has plans for one here...
but I just can't sit & wait any longer...

maybe I'll stop by a couple of fast food places on the way home...
and see if they're hiring...

No comments: