Saturday, January 16, 2010

...clouds gathering

when I walked out of my driveway and started my walk...
south, towards the park, yesterday[1/13]...
I was feeling no pain thanks to the extra Excedrin I had "popped"...
[due to the nagging "pressure" in my lower back...
after dealing with the locked back gate & heaving trash bags over the fence...]

as I strolled down the street in the bright sunshine...
I noticed the gathering clouds on the southern horizon...



after rounding the corner & turning back to the north...
I paused to catch the Narnia tree without leaves...
looked south & was surprized by how fast the clouds were coming this way...



I rounded the next corner, now looking east, & noticed the big puffy clouds...
now closing in from that direction...



by the time I had returned to my starting point[probably about 20 minutes...]
the clouds that had been so far away, were now almost on top of me...
I went inside, make lunch & was hardly finished...
when I noticed that the sunshine was now gone...

by a little after 3, it was gray and "socked-in" outside...
with the damp chill pervading my house...
and before dark, the fog was "afoot", big time...

this morning's light came in shades of gray...

with fingers of sunlight peeking through around 9:30...
and it's been bright all day...
though now, the broken cloud pieces are moving from the west...
filling the afternoon sky like a loose-fitting jigsaw puzzle...



the jet stream has dropped and the storm door is opening...
they have forecast a significant series of storms for all next week...
we need the rain, but that much moisture will insure the continuing fog...
happy, happy... joy, joy...

I can't wait...

No comments: