Thursday, January 7, 2010

...halleluia ! the water's back on !

...halleluia !
after over 6 hours of trying to NOT worry...
the water's back on !
I got up to go to the bathroom...
tried the faucet...
& after some spitting & some nasty looking brown water...
it's flowing again...!
I'm going to go fill my drinking bottles...
the water bowl...
& finally rest easy...
YAY !

post-script: I discovered from speaking with neighbors this AM...
that water was off in the surrounding houses too...
and 2 different times at that...
the first around 5:30 PM and then later...

a water main broke at one of the houses right behind me...
so all around me & even across the street, it was off...
until about 3:30 AM, when they finally got it fixed...

I sure am glad that I had the pipes that come in...
from the city line into my house replaced with pvc about 20 years ago...
the old galvanized ones were rotting & falling apart...
it only cost me $300 then, now ??$$

so let's just say that I really enjoyed my shower this AM...
God is good !

No comments: