Tuesday, January 19, 2010

...Catsinger Catering, opus 1

I have my first catering gig on Wednesday & Thursday...

Fr. Toolbelt is hosting some church people for 2 days of meetings...
and I've been asked to provide dinner on Wednesday...
as well as a simple breakfast & lunch on Thursday...
so this morning, we met to discuss the "3 menus" for 10 people...



for dinner, FrT wanted some kind of roast...
so we decided on a nice boneless, rib roast of beef...
he has several nice bottles of wine to compliment it...
and this is the right time of year[cold & wet]to serve such a hearty meal...

I'm hoping to have a "sous chef" to help me on Wednesday...
with all the initial prep & clean-up...
but even if I end up doing it all myself... it should be fun...
it's been quite a while since I got to cook a nice meal...



I will make my "Scarborough Fair" garlic herb butter...
slather the roast with it, sear the outside...
and then roast it to a nice medium rare...
reducing the pan drippings with red wine to make a nice "jus"...



I'll oven roast fingerling potatoes in olive oil with rosemary, Kosher salt & thyme...
gently smashing them before a brief sear to crisp them a bit...



I'll also oven roast in olive oil & Kosher salt...
carrots,[if I'm lucky, I'll find the red, yellow & purple colored ones]...
fennel, onion, garlic cloves...



and Brussels sprouts... to accompany the potatoes...



for the bread, I'll make Parmesan/Romano garlicky cheese biscuits...



and there will be a salad of greens, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries...
and crumbled blue cheese, dressed with a nice vinaigrette...



and for dessert, vanilla ice cream with assorted fresh berries...

for "breakfast" the next morning...



there will be assorted bagels & cream cheese...



as well as prepared oatmeal with lots of add-ins...
assorted juice & some fresh fruit...

lunch, will be a "do-it-yourself" sandwich bar...



deli turkey, ham & pastrami... assorted bread & rolls...
cheeses, condiments & chips...

sounds like a plan...

now to make my shopping list...

2 comments:

Mousie and Christy's Mommy said...

Sounds like fun, Catsinger, and right up your alley! Enjoy!!

catsinger said...

...yes, lots of fun...& work...;D