Thursday, January 7, 2010

...not letting "doing", be my "undoing"



The many stars symbolize the patience of Abraham and God's promise to him: "I will bless you abundantly and greatly multiply your descendants until they are as numerous as the stars in the sky." (Genesis 22:17) Patience holds a medallion in which Job's wife urges him to curse God, while his three friends look on. Satan is seen on the far left blowing an ill wind and creating all Job's suffering. The dove at the top symbolizes the presence of the Holy Spirit.

Design by Ann McDuff and made by CWS Design, Lisburn. Installed and dedicated 1996.
Copyright © 2006 Belfast Cathedral

I have always been happier doing something...
than just sitting around and waiting...
most of us who have control issues are like that...
action is power... in-action is weakness...

not unlike this quote from Leonardo...



but usually, in an attempt to "do something"...
[ie,"please myself" or relieve the stress of "waiting"...]
I have blindly stepped out...
right into one of BC's traps...
often without realizing it for a long time...



absolute poison for the development of a soul or relationship...
it might have made me feel good at the time but it wasn't His way...
generally stopping all forward progress & setting me back in the process...
sometimes, back in a worse spot than I had started out from...

all because I just had to "do something"...
wasn't able to just wait...



it is not easy to sit out here...
looking at a door just partially open...
and not just go ahead & push my way in...

I'm getting tired of being out here where things are uncertain...
but I've been told to wait... patiently, joyfully to see His will...



I must let things, come to me, instead of just rushing on ahead...
only in that way will His will be allowed its full fruition...
and that is what I want because it's always the best thing at the best time...



so along with patience, I'm praying for wisdom...
to understand His leading and my duties as to what to do, or NOT do, next...

seeking a balance of action with waiting...
all led and inspired by the Lover of us all...

No comments: