Sunday, April 27, 2008

...the times, they are a-changing


I was
about
half way
through
my walk
on this
nice day...
when the stinging pain in my foot...
finally caused me to stop...
slip off my "Croc" ...reach down...
and feel the bottom of my right little toe...

there it was...a blister...
I knew I had to continue on...
so I rubbed off all of the ground litter...
dumped out my shoe and proceeded...

then ...it hit me...
I had just leaned over ...
and felt the underside of my toe...

yesterday in the shower...
I had noticed that I felt more limber...
and had successfully washed my feet
from a standing position....

I had attributed this new flexibility
to the hot water running on my back...
but outside...on a sidewalk ...
a good 2 blocks from my house...
THIS WAS NEW...!
and IT WAS GOOD...
!

so when I got home...
I put a bandage on the blister...
[that was also easy... ! ]
and sat down to practice...





I've been walking BEFORE I practice...
because the exercise gets me breathing deeply...
and loosens me up...
so I can then have a better session...

a very good friend has been encouraging me...
and as I become more "healthy"...
all the things she told me 5 months ago...
are happening...

it's NOT that I didn't believe her then...
I'm just amazed and humbled by my success...
because before these last few months...
NONE of this would have been possible...

the difference... is God....

what He has done in my life...
the very special people He has blessed me with...
encouraging and supporting me...
all the while... accepting me ...as I am...
[NOT easy...]

their acceptance of me...."excess baggage", and all...
and their faithfulness in praying for me...
IS the difference...
I could have never gotten this far...
without God's grace, their prayer and support...

for the first time in my life...
I can honestly say that I believe I WILL get healthy...
make it all the way to my goal of being "normal"...

I don't "need" to hide behind the "bulk" anymore...
and every positive step... every day ...
makes my goal seem more attainable...

I feel light on my feet... stronger... more energetic...
just like she said I would...

I feel... HOPE...

I have a long way to go... but with God...
and continued prayer and encouragement...
[you know who you are...
and I DO appreciate your friendship... SO very much...]

I will succeed...

God is VERY good...



[I know I don't look happy...but after all...
my name is Catsinger...
NOT Catswinger...]

hee, hee, hee...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this entry, and am lmao!