Wednesday, April 16, 2008

...it's enough to make you want to....




yesterday...I "laid my Mom to rest"...
again...
she had only lived 17 days in 2007...
and owed NO taxes...

but to put everything in order...
certain "final" forms had to be filed...
both for her and for the trust...

all the feelings that I thought were gone...
dealt with... moved-on from...
surfacing again...
and the stress....

then...there were MY taxes...
[enough stress...all by themselves, thank you very much...]
I was very surprised... and pleased...!
to discover that I owed nothing...
and would get a large refund back...

then, I got the bill...


[ I know...the IRS didn't prepare my taxes...
but it's THEIR FAULT that it cost so much...]

Mom's 2 "final" forms for the state and fed...
on which NO money was owed...
as well as the fiduciary papers ...
and the estate/trust "final" return...
cost me over $600 to have done...

my tax prep cost me over $400...




I am getting back about 4 times the total cost in refunds...
it did take over 4 hours on 2 days...
and a boatload of forms...
[I believe that's how they bill...]

I've used this company for 30 years...
and they saved me big time during 2 audits...

they're "My People"...
"they have my back..."

I'm annoyed at the IRS/CA FTB ...
for requiring all this paperwork
when no taxes are due...



you can't fault a company who does
all the required paperwork...

over the years, they have more than proven their value ...
in refunds and "audit abatement"...

so I'm currently considering all my options...
financially, that is...
and there's one that's starting to look VERY good...
at this point anyway...



I suppose I shouldn't complain...
it could be worse...and be like last year...
when I had to PAY...
I could also OWE penalties...

or... [cold chills...]

BE AUDITED....AGAIN...


...SIGH...

this little knick-knack says it all...

No comments: