Tuesday, February 3, 2009

...the tile/grout has been sealed...

J1 came this AM & did the final tile/grout seal...
the gallon jug costs almost $100.00...
but when liberally applied, then wiped off...
it makes the tile easier to keep clean...
as well as the grout...makes it last longer too...



it only took about 20 minutes...
he says there may be a slight haze, but it'll wipe off...
he took some pictures of the tile work for his archives...
and after another apology about the door snafu...
which wasn't his fault, he was gone...



I turned on the exhaust fan and closed the door...
to prevent cat depredations, although the sealant is smelly enough...
I don't think they'd go in there anyway...

and now, I wait to hear from G...
about the ETA of the shower door/window glass install...
the only step left in the process...

meanwhile...

my list of chores to do while I can still use my left hand...
[before the surgery tomorrow incapacitates me for a few days...]
has been whittled somewhat...

I've "done" cat boxes & trash to be "put out" tomorrow...
I'm doing laundry & will change my bed soon...
I moved the mountain o'cat food...
I also moved most of my front porch "back"...

I still need to clean, vacuum & dust the LR/DR...
then move the furniture "back"...
including rolling out the DR rug & moving stuff back into the hall...
as well as finding a good spot for the new "dogcave"...
[Molly's crate arrived yesterday & she seems to like it...]

I need to put down the shelf paper in the bath drawers & shelves...
then start sorting and moving that stuff back...
I have to do the heavy or awkward stuff NOW...
or wait a long time....

I need to water plants everywhere...

I have to clean out the "science projects" from the 'fridge...
do dishes, clean up the kitchen...
then I need to prepare some food to eat while I'm "one-handed"...
[the codeine requires something in your stomach...]

so I have some chicken to cook as fajitas [to eat in pitas]
I also have some sandwich makings that I may make up...
'cause spreading anything on bread is hard one-handed...

there are beef/turkey burgers to form...
I also have some Garden burgers in the freezer...
and some ground meat to cook up in a casserole...
as well as some lovely salmon to bake with broccolini & rice...

if I have real food to eat that I can heat up easily...
I won't be eating "fast food" just because it's easy to do...

so I better get busy...I have a rehearsal at 6:30...
so I have about 5 hours to get this all done...

No comments: