Thursday, February 5, 2009

...it's NOT working...

the bandage is not too tight...
nor is my finger excessively swollen...
and since they used a "local"to numb my finger...
and just enough anesthesia to make me hazy...
I'm not having the nasty anesthesia withdrawal...
that I had after the colonoscopy...

I just have pain...



from this procedure...



last night, at a bit after 10 PM...
the feeling started to return to my finger...
so just before 11, I took 2 codine/Tylenol, as directed...

and as the pain ramped up, more...& more...
until it was clear that I might as well have been taking placebos...
'cause it did NO good...just made me groggy, as well as still in pain...



it's not a throbbing indicating the dressing is too tight...
or that there is excessive swelling...
the visible tip of my finger is pink, not red...
a bit cooler than the others...
as well as just a bit "low sensation"...
which is normal... there are no red streaks...
& it's not cold or numb...

it just hurts... a lot...

I didn't have this level of pain with the amputation...
cold packs [frozen peas...] don't even do anything for it...



since the codine/Tylenol is worthless...



I switched to Excedrin ES & Back & Body about 4 AM...
it took the edge off enough for me to sleep until about 6:30...

now, it's not doing much for the pain, either...



I'm calling my dr for stronger meds ASAP...
'cause I'm basically on nothing now...
and it's just too much pain...

if my drug store can't deliver...
I'll ask Square Peg to get them for me...
I hate being "high" on meds...
but I can't take much more of this...



it's enough to drive a cat to drink...

and a LOT, at that !

No comments: