Wednesday, February 11, 2009

...Creamer, van Gough [aka EWWWWW...]

[disclaimer : there is a reason that this post is aka, EWWWWWW...
if you are squeamish or if TMI is NOT your thing, skip this one...]

yesterday, La Creacia,[aka Creamer, Screamer or Trouble Maker...]
gave me an "interesting "start"...

as I walked through the office[doing the trash...]
I noticed a chunk of her right ear was missing...
gone... just NOT there...



she seemed to be in NO distress over the situation...
[seen here slurping food...]



and after further investigation, I saw why...
[this is the EWWWWW part...
you may want to look away...]



I found the detached ear part on the floor, under her...
desiccated, like small triangle of furry leather...




the edge of her ear was healed and dry...
and NOT causing her any pain...
so I surmised that the top had been almost completely detached...
several days before in an altercation...
and finally fell off when it dried out/healed...

there was no blood, no gore[just fur, skin & cartilage...]
the slicing probably hurt at the time...
but caused her no more extended pain than cutting off a hangnail...

she seems totally non-plussed by her new rakish look...



meanwhile...

Miss Fluff is getting her eyelid sewn partially shut this AM...
she will come home this afternoon...

a storm is moving in...I need to go to the store...
to get some "food service" gloves & TRY to wash some dishes...
though my finger kept me up last night & then woke me up...
too much activity yesterday, so I need to cool it...

it mostly aches with occasional stinging...
though it does get cold, then it just hurts...
and none of my gloves fit over the bandage...
the fingerless gloves are usually great...
but don't keep my finger warm...

my post-op doctor's visit is tomorrow at 9:50 AM...
and I have FFers on Saturday AM at 10...
so hopefully, I'll be watching the rain from inside...
[warm fire, sleeping critters...while the storm rages...]

I'm hoping to see G tomorrow...
and really hoping that the hot water problem...
in the shower...is an easy fix...
as well as the shower door install hold-up...

though looking at a complete shower, with NO hot water...
would really be hard at this point...
I guess I'm being taught patience & trust...
so I'm just going to "relax"...
and let Him do it in His own time & way...

God is good...all the time...

2 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

I'm not sure cats have a lot of sensation in their car proper - of course the long tufty hairs are very sensitive, but the ear itself, being just cartilage and skin, may not. I came home once to find my Sasha with a three corner tear in the skin on the outer side of her ear. Very little blood, just ripped like a tear in your clothes and peeled back. I bundled her up and raced to the vet, who snipped and trimmed the edges of the wound to get rid of the necrotic tissue and SUPERGLUED HER SKIN BACK! It healed, you couldn't even see where the tear was, and she never seemed to notice the injury. I'm sure your kitty will be fine without her ear tip, just - unique. BTW, you must have really been buzzy on vicodin not to hear a cat squabble of these proportions!

catsinger said...

...there's a reason she's "aka Screamer"...
always the drama queen & starter of squabbles...
I'm just thankful that I didn't pet her & have it come off in my hand...
now THAT would have freaked me out, BIG TIME !
another good reason to drop the vicodin... Excedrin works OK until it gets "aroused"...the nice coffee bar/deli lady at Raley's[grocery] gave me several "food service plastic gloves"... so I may try to tackle the dishes & cooking soon...