Saturday, February 14, 2009

...the Fluff gets her way...



Fluff,[seen here last June...] is "Queen of Everything"...

if you don't believe me, just ask her...
she will tell you...

so when we returned home yesterday evening...
from her short stay at the vet's...
I "heard about" her royal displeasure, ad nauseum...

she hated the "accommodations"...
the food was NOT up to her standards...
the litterbox was very "beneath her standards"...
[NO pun intended...]

AND...

they had the temerity, the unmitigated gall...
to not only stitch her sore eye partially shut...
but to put an ugly, unwieldy E-collar on herself...
the sheer disrespect to her being was unfathomable...

not to even mention, SOOO tacky...

when I released her into "her" bedroom[Pigs & I sleep there too...]
she used "her" catbox...
[good thing for me it had just been cleaned...]
had about half a can of Mixed Grill[her fav...]
a large drink of, what else, freshly poured water...

endured an application of eye salve...
and repaired to her nest...

sallying forth several times during the balance of the evening...
for more food, more water, petting and adoration from me...
and to complain about the E-collar...

I did notice that the gauze strip holding it on...
was quite tight...
and also had some of her fur caught in the knot...
so I loosened it...
just so that my finger...
could fit between it and her neck...

so after I observed her attempting E-collar removal...
we had a brief discussion...
[me... talking, her... ignoring me...]
about how she should just leave it alone...
and learn to live with it...

so when I returned home today after FFers brunch...
I was not too surprised to see this...



she had not only removed the offending collar...
she had left it where I could see it...
so I could see how un-needed it was...
and that she was NOT going to be wearing it...
anymore...period...

here...



you can see the opening at the corner of her left eye...
where the salve goes in...



here, you can see the couple of stitches that will come out...
when her eye is better...

the whole idea of the E-collar was to keep her paws away...
so her eye could heal...

I'll just have to watch her carefully...
hopefully I won't need to "re-collar" her...

she had the claws out last night...
when she was first pestering me about it...
she sits and "pats" me with extended claws...
when she is, "not amused"...

I don't even want to think about the consequences...
involved with being the one who puts "it"...
[the E-collar...]back on her...
as she makes her "point"[s] very clear...

I have enough sore places at the moment...
so let's hope she lets her eye alone...

that would be a "win/win" for us both...

3 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

Kitties are a flexible sneaky bunch. It seems that they, having joints and ligaments the organic equivalent of rubber bands, can twist and squirm and shed nearly any collar they choose to. I could never keep a collar on mine so I just gave up. If she ever needs an E collar, heaven help us all.

Snarky though she is, she's a beauty. She's only asking for the worship due her.

catsinger said...

...Calico...I agree with everything you said except one little word...
"asking"...ha,ha,haaa...
Fluff "asks" like Mae West was naive...
"snark" is her natural state...

she is the only cat I've ever known who just naturally uses the royal "we"....
& she doesn't ask, she REQUIRES...!
[& gets away with it as I've always been putty in her paws...since the first time I saw her, stunner that she is...]
BTW...I just learned on TV that cats are so flexible because they don't have any bone like our collar bone... so if they can get their head through it, the rest can usually follow...unless they're too plump...

catsinger said...

...oh & the next time I went into the bedroom, the E-collar, which she had displayed prominently on her nest, was gone...probably knocked under the bed...where I can't find it...
I carefully watched her wash her face
& she's not going after the stitches...just a clean-up after catfood...first the good side, then the injured side...so I'm not going to worry...