Tuesday, July 15, 2008

...Robbie update



I've been keeping a close eye on Rob...
I know he doesn't have much time left...
and today... after he didn't seem hungry...
[VERY unlike him...]
I took him to see Mr. Kind Eyes, my vet....

I already have a place for him in my garden...
under the peach tree, heavy with fruit...

the vet looked at him...
watched him walk around...
[not shaky at all...]
and told me that he still had "some" time left...

when he doesn't want any food or water...
THEN...it will be "time"...

so we came home...

the first thing Robbie did...
was to go to the dish...and eat...
THEN... wonder of wonders...
HE USED THE CAT BOX !!

he hasn't done that for a LONG time...

so I guess that he's telling me that he'll be "around"...
for a while yet...
[and he just returned to the food dish...
to have some more...]

I'm really glad...
because I'll really miss him...
when he's gone...

when I had so many...
I loved them all...
and losing one was always painful...

but with so many others around...
it didn't hurt so bad...

each one I lose now, really hurts...
maybe I'm tired of watching a loved one "waste away"...
maybe they're reminding me of all that are now, gone...

I just know that I'm really tired of loss...

so... I'm glad for a few more days with Rob...
[he just returned for another mouthful of food...]
because when he's no longer sleeping on the sofa...
my house will seem so empty...

No comments: