Saturday, July 5, 2008

...doot, doot, dooo... lookin' at my front porch


this was my front porch...until last Saturday...
when I "hurt" myself finally cleaning it off...
it's hard to see all the clutter...
[notice the huge pile on the left...
there's a chair under there...
somewhere...]
because when I took this picture...
I hadn't planned on it being a "before" picture...


this is the same "shot" taken yesterday...
notice... there really WAS a chair under that mess...
you can also see the newly re-potted Schefflera peeking out...
it has really grown, "out there"...

several large plants will be cycled "inside"...
as a couple of plants that are "inside"...
will be cycled out....
some to be re-potted... some for "r & r"...
botton line... there will be EVEN less...
eventually...


this is a "high" view to the south from the porch...
you can see my Meyer Lemon tree...
my "Mission" style wind chimes..
the top of my red leaf Japanese Maple...
and Uncle Phil's front yard...


here... you have a "lower" view in the same direction...
a more complete picture of the "Crimson Queen Lace" Maple...
and the green leaf, crimson bark Japanese Maple next to it...
[they live here...year round...and thrive...]

notice all the open [empty !] space ...
ready to receive the seasonal plantings of...
mixed portulacas, red dianthus, Crystal palace lobelia...
and white allyssum...[with it's sweet fragrance...]

since I put these annual containers on the steps too...
I won't come close to filling the space...
and that's a good thing...


this is taken from the other [north] side...
I found the "cat" wind toy [hanging on the right...]
in an art gallery in Sutter Creek...
it makes me smile every time I see it...
[notice the "open space" beyond the chair !
there will be more..."open space", that is...
as things are moved to their final destination...]


one of the nice surprises...

my Fiddle-leaf Fig [a Ficus]...
came back from the dead...!
it got frostbitten in December ...
and was just a pot of sticks...

if I had moved faster in my "clean-up"...
I would have thrown it out...
and missed this wonderful regeneration...

there must be a lesson in this somewhere...
perhaps... "for everything, there is a season...
and a time for every purpose, under Heaven..."

God is Good...

No comments: