Saturday, July 26, 2008

...begun, is half-done ?

I don't know who the "genius" was who said it...
but they never saw my "office"...



this is a "before" picture...standing in the hall...
notice the "cat tree", covered with junk...
it's in front of a large bookshelf...
[it was an unsuccessful attempt to appease climbing cats...]



here...you can see it...sans junk...
newly ensconced in the drive way...
obviously dragged out by me...
needless to say...there was a LOT of heavy lifting...
between the first shot and the next few...



this is the book shelf...
[yes...I wasn't making that part up...]
during the early stages of the "sorting process"...

as you can see...
there is an even larger bookshelf to the right...



in this "later stages" shot...
most of the sorting of the bookcases is complete...
there are still piles of magazines to toss...
but, "tomorrow is another day"....
and coming up fast...
[the blurriness of the picture is probably due ...
to the 12 hours straight I spent getting to this point...]

and...the cat infestation has begun...
starring, Gracie & Sneaky Pie...
[if those of you in the environs of Mudville don't see me Sunday...
I'll probably be either so stiff I can't move...
or buried under debris...]



but no matter what stage of the process I'm in...
and with or without feline depredations...
there are boxes of discards...bags of trash...
and boxes of "crap to be sorted"...

everywhere you look...

everywhere...



"...the woods are lovely... dark... and deep...
but I have promises to keep...
and miles to go... before I sleep...
and miles to go before I sleep..." *

*sigh*


* "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" Robert Frost

No comments: