Sunday, July 13, 2008

...a .jpg is worth 1000 .txt



this has been a banner year for roses...



these pictures were taken from 6/25 - 7/5...



all the smoke in the air created a unique "filter" for the camera...



it kept the colors from being washed out in the "direct sun"...



allowing a rarely seen depth and intensity of color...



for the time of day... and year...



they are all gone now...



thanks to 4 days of intense heat [105 - 111 ]...



and a persistent wind...



I'll cut them all back tomorrow...



push some water at them...



and await the next explosion of color...



probably in a few weeks...if it doesn't get really hot again...



hope you enjoyed a walk in my rose garden...

2 comments:

DearestDragonfly said...

Wow! Entirely Spectacular!!!!!! I remember my Mudville roses and how thick and beautiful they would first emerge from winter's sleep... especially if I didn't prune them.

I think the equivalent here is peonies. They make my heart stop.

catsinger said...

...what's cool...is that these are the 2nd flourish...
and there will be more.. if I cut these back !