Saturday, March 29, 2008

...when I get a round to it...













I always thought of this phrase as a joke...
[it was "money" with my students...]
ironically poking some gentle [or not so...] fun...
at those of us who always seem to be a bit "behind"...
[you know who you are...
and those of you,
who know me,
and are ROTFL...
I hear you... ; D ]


knowing human nature as I do...
I wouldn't doubt that people have been,
"putting things off" since the first human
made the first "to do" list...
probably painted on a cave wall...
[kill Dodo bird... redo cave....]

but to say I was surprised to discover the Roman origins...
[ carpe tuit ? ..no Appian Wayus...]
is an understatement...
and as factual as this "information appears...
I remain highly "skeptical" of the veracity implied...
[tongue firmly planted in cheek...
as they also "sell" the ancient Egyptian version...]

they claim that a Roman named, [are you ready ?]
Procrastinatus [give me a break...]
was made a gift of the original by his wife...
for FINALLY repairing the heating system in their villa...

they claim the orginal was discovered in Somerset, England...
during an archeological dig of some Roman villa ruins...
with obviously dug-up and redone tile floors...
I'll let you be the judge...
[click on the Roman "TUIT" for detail...]
[www.quantementerprises.co.uk/roundtuitimages]

[BTW...feel free to print out these "round TUITs"...
for, uh, anyone, umm, that you might know...who needs one...
not that there's ANYTHING wrong with needing one...
and you, of course, would NEVER have a use for one...]


No comments: