Saturday, March 8, 2008

...Tippy update 1.5...

she's now coming to eat "real food" on a regular basis...
I'm still doing the slurries...
since she won't drink water on her own...yet...
she seems stronger...
[although there is some wheezing
from time to time...
and some coughing...mostly after drinking...]

today was "bath day"...
after being told by the folks at the vet's
just how much she HATED her last bath there...
I was NOT looking forward to the experience...

so... I put the kitchen sink faucet on "spray"...
wrapped "Herself" in a large bath towel...
[with only "minor protestations"...]
carried her to the sink...adjusted the water to
nice and warm, with a gentle spray...
set her in the sink, under the "shower"...
and gently lathered and scrubbed her "nether regions",
tummy, tail and back legs...

I used a mild liquid anti-bacterial hand soap [Dial]...
and just tiny amounts...making sure that I rinsed it out well...
after she was clean...
[she almost seemed to like it...cats...go figure...]
I wrapped her in the towel, sat on my bed and toweled her dry...

I had taken all the soiled bedding out already...
["puppy training pads" are great for incontinence,
but she has other issues now...]
and replaced it with clean bedding & puppy pads...

one of my teacher friends made me a fleece,
cat-covered lap robe for Christmas a couple of years ago...
and Tippy & Fluff had claimed it as their own...
so while her bed is being washed...
Tipps is "snugging" in fleece...

when last I checked on her...
she was not happy that her nest was changed...
but she's clean, warm & dry...but wheezing...
so hopefully, she'll settle down soon...

she's finished her medicine...
the vet is now closed until Monday...
I'm going to go and "give" her water...
[trying to get her to cough...to help the wheezing...]
I hope she'll be OK...

No comments: