Thursday, March 6, 2008

Tippy update 1.4.1

sometimes, it's hard to know where you are...
by all signs, Tippy seems stronger...
there's hardly any wheezing or coughing...
but she isn't into food or even water now...

she likes the "slurry" I made...
[chicken baby food & boxed turkey broth...
(yes, like what I used to make the gravy at Thanksgiving...)]
I've even tried mixing the FF with it...even with just water...

she drinks it right out of the bowl...
and then wants more...
and while this is better than not eating...
I wish she would get into regular food again...
and drink water like she used to...

I've noticed that she paws at her mouth a lot...
one of her lower front fangs
seems to be rubbing on her upper lip...
if it keeps bothering her and prevents her from eating,
then we'll have to see about having it pulled...

I don't know if she could take another anesthesia at this point...
so instead of watching her spiral down into suffering...
I'm watching... waiting... hopeful... but realistic...
there needs to be an upturn soon...
or it's time for her to say good-bye...

right now, she's not having any fun...
she so enjoyed her food...
and sleeping in the garden...
and now, she can't...
always fastidious, her current lack of "control"
embarrasses her...

years ago, when I promised her
that I would always be her mom...
I knew this day would come...
I just wanted it to be a lot later...

3/7/08

well, after 3 bowls [about 1/2 C each...]
of the slurry...eaten with gusto, I might add...
over the last 18-24 hours...
she got up this morning...came to the dish...
and ate regular food on her own..most of a can...

she seems stronger...but didn't drink water...
so I gave her some with the dropper...
she hasn't been peeing much... so I have to watch her...
I hope this is a good direction...

No comments: