Tuesday, March 11, 2008

...Tippy update 1.6

a step forward...a step back...
more wheezing and coughing...
she seems weaker overall...
but she's still hanging-in there...

she has been better about eating real food...
at least twice a day...
but I have to help her get there...
she can get back pretty much on her own...
[although, this morning, she fell into the trash can again...]

she will generally drink broth & water
when I bring it to her...
but hasn't been drinking water on her "own"...
for a few days...until this morning...

I took the bowl of broth to her nest...
and held it as she drank about 1/3 C...
then I took her out of the nest, to change the bedding...
I ended up carrying her to the food...
where she ate about 1/2 a can...

hearing noises, I looked up to see her voluntarily
drinking water...[it's been several days...]
I've given her water by dropper, and mixed with the broth,
several times a day since she stopped drinking on her own,
so this is a good sign...as is her food intake...

I know that she probably won't ever recover
her former health... but despite the nasty rattle...
and coughing...she doesn't have that "look" yet...
the one that tells me it's time...

so I wait...I watch...and I hope...

No comments: