Wednesday, March 12, 2008

...Tippy update 1.7

even though she has some trouble walking
and has become very thin in the rear...
she's more alert...and her eyes are brighter...

she eats real food now, without "encouragement"...
if I help her get there, several times a day...
she is also drinking water voluntarily...
in between mouthfuls of food...

she's always been a "responsive" cat...
and that hasn't changed...
but when she was really sick, she didn't react to me...
unless I was touching her in some way...

now, whenever I go into the bedroom
and speak to her ...
she always raises her headand looks at me...
[perhaps, being wary of further treatment...]
and "talks" to me...

often in a continuing conversation...
just like she always has done...
["I'm hungry..." "What's for lunch ?"]
and her voice does sound so much better...

her wheezing and subsequent coughing are still there...
but somehow seem less constant or ugly...
of course, everytime I get encouraged...
she seems to relapse...so we'll see...

she looked like she wanted to scoot out the window this AM...
she's not up to garden sunbathing yet...
so ... I wait... watch... hope...
and am thankful for all the years we've had...

No comments: