Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tippy update 1.3

Tippy is stronger today...
she still has "let me sleep in my bed all day" issues...
so I've decided that when it's medicine time [every 8 hours]...
I'll get her up and take her to the water & food...

it worked well this AM...
as I had to leave early to drive Mz YBee
to the PRDavis Med Center again...
so Tippy had a good drink, coughed once...
and ate about a spoonful of food...

last night, I let her choose and she stayed in her nest...
no food... and water only after I gave her her medicine
and carried her over to the bowl just before I went to bed...
and if that isn't enough... I have a plan "B"...

because she still isn't smelling food or water until her nose is in it,
I got some baby food [pureed meat...] that I'll mix with broth,
creating a slurry...and I'll feed her with a dropper or syringe...
since the food she ate yesterday made her a lot stronger today,
I'm sure that this "slurry" will help...I've used it before with success...

of course, all this special food she doesn't eat isn't wasted...
Ms Fluff and Piglet are reaping the rewards of the "uncleaned plate"...
I guess this is just the next step, since I started the FF cans for Sumo,
when he needed "encouragement" to eat about a year before he left us...
and Tippy reaped the benefits from his leavings...

Tippy continues to look good ...not sick, as she did...
so I'm keeping a positive attitude...
many thanks to all of those cyber felines
and other friends who have wished her well...
oops... got to go...it's almost medicine time again...

No comments: